Over second and third cups flow matters of high finance, high state, common gossip and low comedy. Coffee is a social binder, a warmer of tongues, a soberer of minds, a stimulant of wit, a foiler of sleep if you want it so. From roadside mugs to the classic demi-tasse, it is the perfect democrat.
For someone who was not used to consuming any caffeine, I’ve come to appreciate the taste of coffee (and some mornings I swear by it :)).
I was pleasantly surprised to learn a few interesting facts about Coffee. Here they are –
- Coffee may help you lead a longer, healthier life – It contains a ton of antioxidants that fights the free radicals in your body. Recent research has also hinted that coffee consumption helps reduce the risk of several diseases such as Type II Diabetes, Heart diseases.
- All the coffee in the world is grown in The Coffee Belt.
- Coffee is a red berry before it is a bean.
- Caffeine works very quickly – It takes less than 10 minutes to feel the effects of coffee.
- New Yorkers drink almost 7 times more coffee than other cities in the US.
- Coffee is a psychoactive – at high doses it can make you see things.
- Coffee can be fatal – The lethal dose of caffeine is roughly 100 cups of coffee.
- Espresso is regulated by the Italian government – It is considered an essential part of their daily life.
- Coffee was banned in Mecca in 1511 – It was believed to stimulate radical thinking and hanging out.
Have you all heard about Buttered Coffee and BulletProof Coffee? To know more about this latest trend and for more news on this fantastic beverage, subscribe to my blog! 🙂