There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw
I completely agree with the above quote. I live to eat and not eat to live. I have always enjoyed the thought of food and how a simple idly & sambar can make me happy :).
There has been significant research that talks about the correlation between food and mood. According to the research done in the year 2010, people who are in a positive mood tend to eat healthy when compared to people who are in negative mood. I am quite a moody person but when it comes to food I enjoy it in every stage of my life.
It is always good to balance your food intake in order to be a more happier and healthier person .
Here are some things that I follow :-
- Stop overeating – Eat in smaller quantities 4-5 times a day. This tends to increase your metabolism thus burning more calories. Also, make sure to be active throughout the day.
- Indulge in only one of your favorite treats – Restrict treats for one day in a week.
- Drink lots of water and green tea – Our bodies are mostly made of water. There isn’t anything better than water for your body. It regulates metabolism and keeps you healthy. Green tea has several medicinal benefits. It is full of essential anti-oxidants that tend to keep you younger.
Did you know?
- Chocolate was once used as currency.
- Eating bananas can help fight depression.
More on this to follow. Till then stay tuned 🙂